The AFCA and the NCAA have partnered to create a prestigious program that identifies and trains premier, future leaders in the football coaching profession.
The AFCA/NCAA 30 Under 30 Coaches Leadership Institute will take place on Sunday, January 10, at the 2016 AFCA Convention in San Antonio. The one day event will feature focused, interactive lectures on topics including ethics, leadership, NCAA rules, financial management, hiring and player safety.
Each participant will receive a $1,000 stipend to assist with expenses for attending the AFCA Convention.
Deadline: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Eligibility: Applicants must be born on or after January 1, 1986 and meet the following qualifications:
- High School – Must be a head coach
- Junior/Community College – Must be a full-time assistant or head coach
- NAIA/NCAA (all divisions) – Must be a full-time assistant or head coach
Criteria: Applicants must submit a resume, a reference letter from either a head coach or athletics director, and a personal statement answering the two prompts listed below. (All submissions must be in PDF format)
On one sheet of paper, please reply to the following prompts:
- Describe your purpose for being a football coach in 250 words or less
- Define your approach to effective leadership in 250 words or less
All application materials must be submitted online. Click OK to get started.